W945      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This should have been designated CGSC#4958. Only J. Cronan received this erroneous designation.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Watson, J.D., W. Hayes 1953. Genetic exchange in Escherichia coli K-12; evidence for three linkage groups. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 39:416-426