KY4576      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lac-3350
, trpS44Strain Comments:
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- trpS44-- is called trpS5 in the papers cited.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Ito, K, S Hiraga, T Yura 1969. Tryptophanyl transfer RNA synthetase and expression of the tryptophan operon in the trpS mutants of Escherichia coli. Genetics 61(3):521-38.
- Ito, K 1972. Regulatory mechanism of the tryptophan operon in Escherichia coli: possible interaction between trpR and trpS gene products. Mol. Gen. Genet. 115(4):349-63.