JP103      Source of Strain:
F61 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: ilvC7
, PO13. Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-proA)62
, lacY1 or lacZ4
, tfr-3Strain Comments:
- Transfers F61 at 32 degress C but not at 42 degrees C.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Walker, EM, J Pittard 1969. Temperature-sensitive conjugation-defective F factor in Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 100(1):319-28.