JC5412      Source of Strain: Sex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-300
, sbcA8(Rac-8 del.)
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- laboratory, where it was checked thoroughly. You may wish to substitute it for the sample sent to you previously.
- The culture of JC5412 which has been sent out as CGSC #5027 was Trp-, which it should not have been. The sample of JC5412 enclosed came from a culture which was just received from A.J. Clark's
- sbcA8(Rac-8 del.)-- is a deletion that removes a large part of rac and extends into the bacterial chromosome.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- sbcA8(Rac-8 del.) was formerly called sbcA8
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Rac-8 del. = may delete ca. 1/2 of Rac
- SpcR = spectinomycin resistant
- Clark, A.J. 1967. The beginning of a genetic analysis of recombination proficiency. J.Cell.Physiol. 70:165-180
- Willetts, N.S., A.J. Clark 1969. Characteristics of some multiply recombination-deficient strains of Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 100:231-239
- Willetts, N.S., D.W. Mount 1969. Genetic analysis of recombination-deficient mutants of Escherichia coli K-12 carrying rec mutations contrasducible with thyA. J.Bacteriol. 100:923-934