T-3      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- ptsG21-- was formerly called cat-1 and, later, gpt-1.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Loomis, W.F., B. Magasanik 1965. Genetic control of catabolite repression of the lac operon in Escherichia coli. Biochem.Biophys.Res.Commun. 20:230-234
- Tyler, B, R Wishnow, WF Loomis, B Magasanik 1969. Catabolite repression gene of Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 100(2):809-16.
- Curtis, S.J., W. Epstein 1975. Phosphorylation of D-glucose in Escherichia coli mutants defective in glucosephosphotransferase, mannosephosphotransferase, and glucokinase. J.Bacteriol. 122:1189-1199