DZ117      Source of Strain:
F42 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: lac Chromosomal Markers: fhuA47
, lacY1 or lac-71 or lac+
(Oc) or his-93
, ast-1Strain Comments:
- This is a hybrid between the K-12 and Harvard strains of E. coli.
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Zamenhof, PJ 1966. A genetic locus responsible for generalized high mutability in Escherichia coli. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 56(3):845-52.