Lin 252      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: fhuA22
, creC510Strain Comments:
- glpR12(glpn)-- is a mutation which rendered the parent strain non-inducible.
- glpR20(ts)-- is a 2nd mutation which renders the repressor temperature-sensitive. Will allow this glpR12(noninducible)-carrying strain to grow on glycerol at 42C but not 25C.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Const = constitutive
- glpn = non-inducible for glp regulon
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Cozzarelli, NR, WB Freedberg, EC Lin 1968. Genetic control of L-alpha-glycerophosphate system in Escherichia coli. J. Mol. Biol. 31(3):371-87.