Lin 3      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: fhuA22
, creC510Strain Comments:
- fucP-3-- was formerly called prd-1.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Const = constitutive
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- Sridhara, S, TT Wu, TM Chused, EC Lin 1969. Ferrous-activated nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide-linked dehydrogenase from a mutant of Escherichia coli capable of growth on 1, 2-propanediol. J. Bacteriol. 98(1):87-95.
- Hacking, AJ, EC Lin 1977. Regulatory changes in the fucose system associated with the evolution of a catabolic pathway for propanediol in Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 130(2):832-8.