WA2548      Source of Strain:
W. ArberOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: leuB6
, lacY1 or Δ(cod-lacI)6
, hsdS12Strain Comments:
- This is a K-12 derivative which has received the hsd- deoB region from E. coli 15. This strain is r-A, m-A.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Arber, W, D Wauters-Willems 1970. Host specificity of DNA produced by Escherichia coli. XII. The two restriction and modification systems of strain 15T-. Mol. Gen. Genet. 108(3):203-17.