Lin 292      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: fhuA22
, mgr-2Strain Comments:
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- mgr-2-- mgr is a symbol provisionally assigned to the mutation which confers resistance to methylglyoxal on this strain.
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Const = constitutive
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- Freedberg, W.B., W.S. Kistler, E.C.C. Lin 1971. Lethal synthesis of methylglyoxal by Escherichia coli during unregulated glycerol metabolism. J.Bacteriol. 108:137-144