MI226      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: thr-10
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- lyophil opened 9/03
- This strain is Ilv- due to the ilvGAm mutation
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- ilvG603(Act)-- is an insertion mutation which activates the ilvG gene.
- ilvG605(Am)-- is an amber mutation.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Act = activates the Gene
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- De Felice, M., J. Guardiola, W. Schreil, M. Levinthal, M. Iaccarino 1977. Metabolic interlock between the acetolactate synthase isoenzymes and lysine biosynthesis in Escherichia coli K-12. Mol.Gen.Genet. 156:9-16