RF-7      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: glnV44
, tfr-3Strain Comments:
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- dcc-1-- may be an uncB or uncE mutation.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Fillingame, R.H. 1975. Identification of the dicyclohexylcarbodiimide-reactive protein component of the adenosine 5'-triph9osphate transducing system of Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 124:870-883