KL693      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, λRStrain Comments:
- The fertility of this strain is slightly low.
- Δ(gpt-lac)5-- is the deletion Δ( pro-lac)X111 of Jacob and originated in the strain Hfr 3000 X111.
- cysJ43-- - the cys allele was formerly thought to be in cysC.
- thyA54-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- λR-- Lambda resistant, locus unknown.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- SpcR = spectinomycin resistant
- Stable = stable, non-reverting
- strR = streptomycin resist.