AW405      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Hazelbauer, GL, RE Mesibov, J Adler 1969. Escherichia coli mutants defective in chemotaxis toward specific chemicals. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 64(4):1300-7.
- Parkinson, J.S. 1980. Novel mutations affecting a signaling component for chemotaxis of Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 142:953-961