AB3503      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-proA)62
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- proA2 = DE62.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Wechsler, J.A. 1969. Antipolarity in the ilv operon of Escherichia coli K-12. J.Bacteriol. 98:1179-1194