JW1      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araBAD-9
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- proA2 = DE62.
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- L? = assignment uncertain
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Wechsler, J.A. 1969. Antipolarity in the ilv operon of Escherichia coli K-12. J.Bacteriol. 98:1179-1194