JW4      Source of Strain:
J. WatersonOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, arg-29Strain Comments:
- Probably T4S.
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- arg-29-- In cgsc: AB3608. Source '67-'68 100 class. AB1621 (NG) -> AB3608.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.