CR34/313      Source of Strain:
F. BonhoefferOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, deoC1Strain Comments:
- Stops DNA synthesis immediately on shift to 43 degrees. TS phenotype reversed 2% Na Cl.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- thyA6-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- thyA6-- : Even with Luria or other complete media, supplement with thymine.
- dnaB313(ts)-- = tsm-5 of Marinus = DNATS -313 of Bonhoeffer.
- dnaB313(ts) was formerly called tsm-5
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Marinus, MG, EA Adelberg 1970. Vegetative Replication and Transfer Replication of Deoxyribonucleic Acid in Temperature-Sensitive Mutants of Escherichia coli K-12. 104(3):1266-1272.