W945T1-2,his      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, his216Strain Comments:
- Strain should carry malA1, LAMR but is Mal+.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- mdh-2-- It has been noted that mdh mutants in general are leaky and are distinguished from wild-type alleles by colony size at 24-46 hours on media containing malate (autoclaved and at pH 6.0).
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Courtright, J.B., U. Henning 1970. Malate dehydrogenase mutants in Escherichia coli K-12. J.Bacteriol. 102:722-728