χ2224      Source of Strain:
R. CurtissOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- secA208-- : azi is now secA
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- minB-2-- mini-cell producer
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- secA208 was formerly called azi-8
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Maturin, LJ, R Curtiss 1981. Role of ribonucleic acid synthesis in conjugational transfer of chromosomal and plasmid deoxyribonucleic acids. J. Bacteriol. 146(2):552-63.