MI2196      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- pdxA4-- mutation is due to the integration of phage mu at the pdxA locus.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- De Felice, M, J Guardiola, B Esposito, M Iaccarino 1974. Structural genes for a newly recognized acetolactate synthase in Escherichia coli K-12. J. Bacteriol. 120(3):1068-77.