EJ1321      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: galK2
, maeB3Strain Comments:
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- maeR2-- is a regulatory mutation for malic enzyme
- maeA1-- affects NAD-linked malic enzyme (EC188.8.131.52) and is unmapped.
- maeB3-- affects NADP-linked malic enzyme (EC184.108.40.206)
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Hansen, EJ, E Juni 1975. Isolation of mutants of Escherichia coli lacking NAD- and NADP-linked malic. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 65(2):559-66.