N2880      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δlac-85
, pho-80Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- galT23-- : This is the standard gal6 of Morse & Lederberg.
- fim-2 was formerly called pil-2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Nakamura, H, N Hachiya, T Tojo 1978. Second acriflavine sensitivity mutation, acrB, in Escherichia coli K-12. J. Bacteriol. 134(3):1184-7.