AB229      Source of Strain:
F+ Chromosomal Markers: lacY1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- AB265 = W2915; AB280 = 58-161.
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Driskell-Zamenhof, P. 1963. J.Mol.Biol. 6:483-0