Y40      Source of Strain:
F+ Chromosomal Markers: fhuA24
, creC510Strain Comments:
- lyophil opened 8/31/05
- bio-1(Unst)-- : This marker apparently reverts at high frequency
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Const = constitutive
- Unst = unstable
- Lederberg, J 1949. Aberrant Heterozygotes in Escherichia Coli. 35(4):178-84.
- Lederberg, E.M. 1952. Allelic relationships and reverse mutation in Escherichia coli. Genetics 37:469-483
- Gosting, D.C., J. Lederberg 1956. Biotin requirement of cultures derived from E. coli K-12 strain 58. Microbial Genet.Bull. 13:13-14