D2 & JC182      Source of Strain:
A.J. ClarkOther Designations:
AB862 & AB863Sex:
Hfr Point of Origin#: Map Position: Chromosomal Markers: glnX44
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- Double Hfr PO1 & PO12.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- purF1-- is a very stable mutation and may be an intragenic deletion.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Clark, A.J. 1963. Genetic analysis of a "double male" strain of Escherichia coli K-12. Genetics 48:105-120