AB2595      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#: Map Position: Chromosomal Markers: glnX44
, ΔargH1Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- purF1-- is a very stable mutation and may be an intragenic deletion.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Eggertsson, G 1968. Mapping of ochre suppressors in Escherichia coli. Genet. Res. 11(1):15-20.