KL237      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#: Map Position: Chromosomal Markers: fhuA22
, creC510Strain Comments:
- serS30 is a second mutation (not actually shown to be at the serS locus which results in a partial restoration of the serS+ phenotype. The strain is no longer TS for growth.
- phoA4(Am)-- is Garen's phoAS26 . It is suppressed by leuX151, glnV33(=supE33) and serU132(=supD32).
- serS15(ts)-- is a temperature-sensitive mutation.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Const = constitutive
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Low, B, F Gates, T Goldstein, D Soll 1971. Isolation and partial characterization of temperature-sensitive Escherichia coli mutants with altered leucyl- and seryl-transfer ribonucleic acid synthetases. J. Bacteriol. 108(2):742-50.