DF2000      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#: Map Position: Chromosomal Markers: garB10
, creC510Strain Comments:
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- pgi-2-- : pgi mutants utilize glucose by the hexose monoP shunt; strains with this allele grew on glucose at 1/3 parental rate. Slow growth on Gal,Mal,Lac;normal on Fru and gluconate.
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Const = constitutive
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- Peyru, G, DG Fraenkel 1968. Genetic mapping of loci for glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase, gluconate-6-phosphate dehydrogenase, and gluconate-6-phosphate dehydrase in Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 95(4):1272-8.
- Fraenkel, DG 1968. Selection of Escherichia coli mutants lacking glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase or gluconate-6-phosphate dehydrogenase. J. Bacteriol. 95(4):1267-71.
- Fraenkel, D., S. Banerjee 1972. Deletion mapping of zwf, the gene for a constitutive enzyme, glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase in Escherichia coli. Genetics 71:481-489