his Dab472      Source of Strain: Sex:
Hfr Point of Origin#: Map Position: Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-proA)62
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- purF1-- is a very stable mutation and may be an intragenic deletion.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Garrick-Silversmith, L., P.E. Hartman 1970. Histidine-requiring mutants of Escherichia coli K12. Genetics 66:231-244