JRG590      Source of Strain:
J.R. GuestOther Designations:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: secA207
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- secA207(aziR) was formerly called azi-7
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- aziR = azide resistance
- Guest, JR 1977. Menaquinone biosynthesis: mutants of Escherichia coli K-12 requiring 2-succinylbenzoate. J. Bacteriol. 130(3):1038-46.
- Langley, D., J.R. Guest 1977. Biochemical studies of the alpha-keto acid dehydrogenase complexes of Escherichia coli K12: isolation and biochemical properties of deletion mutants. J.Gen.Microbiol. 99:263-276