KL16, lac5      Source of Strain:
D. ElseviersOther Designations:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
45 Map Position:
65.00 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: lacZ105
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- lacZ105(Am)-- is a UAG mutation.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Low, K.B. 1968. Formation of merodiploids in matings with a class of Rec- recipient strains of Escherichia coli K12. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 60:160-167
- Low, K.B. 1973. Rapid mapping of conditional and auxotrophic mutants of Escherichia coli K-12. J.Bacteriol. 113:798-812