AT1024      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, Lys+Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- lysA22-- is Taylor's lysA10 which he briefly called lysB10 in 1971.
- Lys+-- in presence of lysA22 causes overproduction of Pdx. prototrophic for Lys and Pdx
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Bukhari, A.I., A.L. Taylor 1971. Mutants of Escherichia coli with a growth requirement for either lysine or pyridoxine. J.Bacteriol. 105:988-998
- Dempsey, W.B., L.J. Arcement 1971. Identification of the forms of vitamin B6 present in the culture media of "vitamin B6 control" mutants. J.Bacteriol. 107:580-582