PRC66      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: fadR201
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- adhEp-81-- is an operator or promoter mutation. It results in 60-fold overproduction of ADH on succinate plus acetate medium and allows growth on EtOH as sole C source.
- oppC506::Tn10-- cotransduces 83% with tyrT and 43% with trpA. It was shown to be within the oppC locus by Nichols et al. (1998).
- adhEp-81 was formerly called adhC81
- hns-206 was formerly called bglY206
- oppC506::Tn10 was formerly called zci-506::Tn10
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = tetracycline resistant
- Cunningham, P.R., D.P. Clark 1986. The use of suicide substrates to select mutants of Escherichia coli lacking enzymes of alcohol fermentation. Mol.Gen.Genet. 205:487-493