RP6666      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- ΔmotA1214-- is the result of a phage mu excision.
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Slocum, M.K., J.S. Parkinson 1983. Genetics of methyl-accepting chemotaxis proteins in Escherichia coli: organization of the tar region. J.Bacteriol. 155:565-577
- Garza, A.G., P.A. Bronstein, P.A. Valdez, L.W. Harris-Haller, M.D. Manson 1996. Extragenic suppression of motA missense mutations of Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 178:6116-6122