EC-7      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
152(TP7-TOR70) Map Position:
95.00 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: 151(TP3-TOR30)
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- 151(TP3-TOR30)-- Carries TP3-TOR30 which transposes lac from F42-114 to point between proB and leu.
- Δ(gpt-lac)5-- is the deletion Δ( pro-lac)X111 of Jacob and originated in the strain Hfr 3000 X111.
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- TP3-TOR30 = insertion of F42-114(ts)lac+
- Beckwith, J.R., E.R. Signer 1966. Transposition of the lac region of Escherichia coli. I. Inversion of the lac operon and transduction of lac by phi 80. J.Mol.Biol. 19:254-265
- Beckwith, J.R., E.R. Signer, W. Epstein 1966. Transposition of the lac region of E. coli. Cold Spr.Harb.Symp.Quant.Biol. 31:393-401