FMJ39      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- ldh pfl double mutants do not grow anaerobically on any sugar or sugar alcohol even in presence of acetate.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- ldhA9 was formerly called ldh-1
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Mat-Jan, F., K.Y. Alam, D.P. Clark 1989. Mutants of Escherichia coli deficient in the fermentative lactate dehydrogenase. J.Bacteriol. 171:342-348