UNC361045      Source of Strain:
Selby and SancarSex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- zcf-117::Tn10-- : PCR analysis by Nichols et al., 1998, placed the insertion within orf b1160 (elbA) at nucleotide 1,211,084 (26.105 min.).
- zcf-117::Tn10-- cotransduces ~ 90% with purB. Clockwise of mcrA, between base 1607 and 1608 of sequence AE000215 (S.Garges, pers.comm.).
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- zcf-117::Tn10 was formerly called elbA117::Tn10
- = tetracycline resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Selby, C.P., A. Sancar 1993. Molecular mechanism of transcription-repair coupling. Science 260:53-58