EJ1535      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, X (rapid Acet)Strain Comments:
- fumA1-- This fumA mutation also knocks out FumC production because the promoter region for fumC is within the coding region of fumA (Mason Lees, pers.comm.)
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- X (rapid Acet)-- This strain was selected from parent NK1 for rapid growth on acetate; this spontaneous change is indicated here as the undefined factor or factors "X".
- rapid Acet = rapid growth on acetate sel'd.
- Guest, J.R., R.E. Roberts 1983. Cloning, mapping and expression of the fumarase gene of Escherichia coli K-12. J.Bacteriol. 153:588-596