TU6      Source of Strain:
F+ Chromosomal Markers: secA
(Am) or trpE9997Strain Comments:
- Genotype description may not be complete.
- lacZ118(Oc)-- is the lacZ allele originating in Paris strain Hfr 3000 U118. It is an ochre mutation.
- lit-106-- Originally thought to be a mutation effecting groL, later mapped to lit
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- trpA9761(Am) was formerly called trp-47
- trpA9761(Am) was formerly called trp-40
- Act = activates the Gene
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- aziR = azide resistance
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Linder, CH, K Carlson 1985. Escherichia coli Rho factor is involved in lysis of bacteriophage T4-infected cells. Genetics 111(2):197-218.
- Linder, C.H., K. Carlson, F. Albertioni, J. Soderstrom, C. Pahlson 1994. A late exclusion of bacteriophage T4 can be suppressed by Escherichia coli GroEL or Rho. Genetics 137:613-625