CAG18481      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, rph-1Strain Comments:
- zfh-208::Tn10-- Cotransduction frequencies of zfh-208::Tn 10 with nearby markers: glyA 90%, purI 54%, nadB 8%, ung 4%.
- zfh-208::Tn10-- : insertion at nucleotide 2,665,159 (min. 57.448) within orf b2536 (yfhS208::Tn10)-Nichols et al. 1998.
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- = tetracycline resistant
- Singer, M., T.A. Baker, G. Schnitzler, S.M. Deischel, M. Goel, W.F. Dove, K.J. Jaacks, A.D. Grossman, J.. Erickson, C.A. Gross 1989. A collection of strains containing genetically linked alternating antibiotic resistance elements for genetic mapping of
- Nichols, BP, O Shafiq, V Meiners 1998. Sequence analysis of Tn10 insertion sites in a collection of Escherichia coli strains used for genetic mapping and strain construction. J. Bacteriol. 180(23):6408-11.