KL286      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: garB10
, creC510Strain Comments:
- phoA4(Am)-- is Garen's phoAS26 . It is suppressed by leuX151, glnV33(=supE33) and serU132(=supD32).
- galK35-- is Brenner's gal-U99 from Hfr 3000 U99 and has been called galK99
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Const = constitutive
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Clarke, S.J., K.B. Low, W. Konigsberg 1973. Close linkage of the genes serC (for phosphohydroxy pyruvate transaminase) and serS (for seryl-transfer ribonucleic acid synthetase) in Escherichia coli K-12. J.Bacteriol. 113:1091-1095