KL790      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-lac)5
, creC510Strain Comments:
- Δ(gpt-lac)5-- is the deletion Δ( pro-lac)X111 of Jacob and originated in the strain Hfr 3000 X111.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- recA441(ts)-- formerly tif-1 (temp.-induced filamentation). Not a Rec- phenotype, "constitutive protease activity" not requiring ss-DNA binding at hi temp.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Const = constitutive
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Miller, J.H., K.B. Low 1984. Specificity of mutagenesis resulting from the induction of the SOS system in the absence of mutagenic treatment. Cell 37:675-682