SG20046      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: [araD139]B/r
, deoC1Strain Comments:
- [araD139]B/r-- The thr-leu region was transduced from an E. coli B/r strain (SB3118) in early steps of strain derivation; ara or in some strains ara-leu or thr-leu are from B.
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- lon-100(del?)-- : originally thought to be a deletion of the structural gene,but Maurizi ref.reports production of small amt.of Lon protein and restriction results suggest promoter insert.or del.
- flhD5301-- flagellar defect shown in Komeda and Iino
- Δ(fruK-yeiR)725(fruA25)-- : this fruA25 mutation deletes 29 codons of fruK, fruB and fruBKAp promoter to orf yeiR Peters et al. J.Bact.185:2017.
- rpsL150(strR)-- T to C transition mutation resulting in a K43R amino acid substitution.
- Δ(fruK-yeiR)725(fruA25) was formerly called fruA25
- lon-100(del?) was formerly called lon-100(del)
- = tetracycline resistant
- del? = deletion or insertion
- fruA25 = former designation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Trisler, P., S. Gottesman 1984. lon transcriptional regulation of genes necessary for capsular polysaccharide synthesis in Escherichia coli K-12. J.Bacteriol. 160:184-191