CSR603/pDR1996      Source of Strain:
pDR1996 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: bla
, bla Plasmid Comment:
This is a pBR322 derivative carrying uvrA and ssb (tetR from pSC101 and ampR from Tn3.) pDR1453(Sancar and Rupp 1980) obtained by email@example.com from local Flinders Univ. source. Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, uvrA6Strain Comments:
- pDR1996 is a pBR322 derivative and is TetR, AmpR, and carries uvrA, ssb genes.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ApR = ampicillin resistant
- tetR = tetracycline resistant
- Sancar, A., K.R. Williams, J.W. Chase, W.D. Rupp 1981. Sequences of the ssb gene and protein. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 78:4274-4278