TK610      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, uvrA6Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Kato, T, Y Shinoura 1977. Isolation and characterization of mutants of Escherichia coli deficient in induction of mutations by ultraviolet light. Mol. Gen. Genet. 156(2):121-31.
- Kato, T 1977. Effects of chloramphenicol and caffeine on postreplication repair in uvr A- umuC- und uvrA- recF- strains of Escherichia coli K-12. Mol. Gen. Genet. 156(2):115-20.