SC18      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
- This strain shares 7 of the markers of AB1157, and if related it may carry these additional markers: xylA5, mtl-1, thi-1, araC14, tsx-33.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Ephrati-Elizur, E. 1993. A mutation in a new gene of Escherichia coli, psu, requires secondary mutations for survival: psu mutants express a pleiotropic suppressor phenotype. J.Bacteriol. 175:207-213