Hfr 3000      Source of Strain:
Pasteur InstituteOther Designations:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: supQ80
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- supQ80-- mutation was found in AB259 by Russell & Pittard. Other cultures of this strain were not tested for this allele
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = suppressor
- Bachmann, BJ 1972. Pedigrees of some mutant strains of Escherichia coli K-12. Bacteriol.Rev. 36(4):525-57.
- Theze, J., D. Margarita, G.N. Cohen, F. Borne, J.C. Patte 1974. Mapping of the structural genes of the three aspartokinases and of the two homoserine dehydrogenases of Escherichia coli K-12. J.Bacteriol. 117:133-0