CSR603      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, uvrA6Strain Comments:
- Additional Maxicell technique notes
- This strain is highly mucoid.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Sancar, A., C.S. Rupert 1978. Correction of the map location for the phr gene in Escherichia coli K12 Mutat. Res. 51(1):139-143.
- Sancar, A, CS Rupert 1978. Determination of plasmid molecular weights from ultraviolet sensitivities. Nature 272(5652):471-2.
- Sancar, A, AM Hack, WD Rupp 1979. Simple method for identification of plasmid-coded proteins. J. Bacteriol. 137(1):692-3.