MM159      Source of Strain:
M. MeselsonOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: galK2
, uvrA157Strain Comments:
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Ptashne, M 1967. Isolation of the lambda phage repressor. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 57(2):306-313.
- Pratt, D., W.S. Erdahl 1968. Genetic control of bacteriophage M13 DNA synthesis. J.Mol.Biol. 37:181-200
- Buchwald, M, H Murialdo, L Siminovitch 1970. The morphogenesis of bacteriophage lambda. II. Identification of the principal structural proteins. Virology 42(2):390-400.